Participating Group (2020-2021)
Development of Elastomer-wrapping Soft CPL Material with Solid Stimulus Response Characteristics
Luminescent systems emit circularly polarized luminescence (CPL) in two forms, producing left or right rotation. The aim of this research is to develop a soft CPL material by doping a luminophore into a functional elastomer polymer having thermoplasticity and molding specificity. External stimuli (heating, stretching, magnetic field, etc.) trigger chiral arrangement of fluorescent units to realize CPL switching, memory, amplification, erasing, and CPL wavelength tuning. (1) Excimer soft CPL materials are prepared by doping chiral luminophores composed of chiral and fluorescent units into an elastomer. By subjecting this elastomer to the proper stimulus, we control the resulting spatial arrangement of fluorescent units and realize a functional soft CPL material. (2) A magnetic field-responsive soft CPL material is prepared by doping an elastomer with an achiral luminophore having magnetic field response characteristics. The magnetic field controls the direction of the transition moment, constraining the amplification and rotation direction of the CPL.
- "Ambidextrous Solid-State Magnetic Circularly Polarized Luminescence (MCPL) from Red-Green-Blue Color Inorganic Luminophores Without Molecular Chirality" T. Kimoto, Y. Mimura, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, ChemLett., 50, 916-919 (2021).DOI: 10.1246/cl.200904
- "Circularly Polarized Luminescence (CPL) induced by External Magnetic Field: Magnetic CPL (MCPL)" *Y. Imai, ChemPhotoChem., 5, 969-973 (2021).
- "Circularly polarized luminescence from π-conjugated chiral perylene diimide luminophores: The bay position effect" M. Kitahara, K. Mishima, N. Hara, M. Shizuma, A. Kanesaka, H. Nishikawa, *Y. Imai, Asian J. Org. Chem., 10, 2969-2974 (2021).
- "External Magnetic Field-Driven Ambidextrous Circularly Polarized Electroluminescence from Organic Light-Emitting Diodes Containing Racemic Cyclometalated Iridium(III) Complexes" K. Hara, A. Morimoto, K. Matsudaira, S. Suzuki, S. Yagi, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, ChemPhotoChem., DOI: 10.1002/cptc.202100253.
- "Magnetic circularly polarized luminescence from PtIIOEP and F2-ppyPtII(acac) under north-up and south-up Faraday geometries" K. Matsudaira, Y. Mimura, J. Hotei, S. Yagi, K-i. Yamashita, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, Chem. Asian J., 16, 926-930 (2021).
- "Magnetic Circularly Polarized Luminescence in the Photoexcited States of Racemic [n]Helicenes (n = 3–5,7) in Tetrahydrofuran and Dimethyl Sulfoxide Solutions" H. Toda, S. Otaki, A. Ito, M. Miyasaka, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, ChemPhysChem, 22, 2058-2062 (2021).
- "Mirror Symmetric Green-Color Magnetic Circularly Polarized Luminescence from TbIII-containing Inorganics under North-up and South-up Faraday Geometries" T Kimoto, M. Okuno, N. Nunotani, N. Imanaka, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, Inorg Chem Commun., 134, 109034 (2021).
- "Mirror-Image Magnetic Circularly Polarized Luminescence from Perovskite (M+Pb2+Br3, M+ = Cs+ and amidinium) Quantum Dots" R. Amasaki, M. Kitahara, T. Kimoto, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem.,
- "Non-classical Circularly Polarized Luminescence of Organic and Organometallic Luminophores" *Y. Imai, Chemistry Letters, 50, 1131-1141 (2021).DOI: 10.1246/cl.210032
- "Red-Green-Blue-Yellow (RGBY) Magnetic Circularly Polarised Luminescence (MCPL) from Optically Inactive Phosphorescent Ir(III) Complexes" M. Kitahara, S. Suzuki, K. Matsudaira, S. Yagi, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, ChemistrySelect. 6, 11182-11187 (2021).
- "Remarkable Effects of External Magnetic Field on Circularly Polarized Luminescence of EuIII(hfa)3 with Phosphine Chirality" K. Mishima, D. Kaji, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, ChemPhysChem, 22, 1728-1737 (2021).
- "Sign Dependence of MCPL spectra on Type and Position of Substituent Groups of Pyrene and Phenanthrene Derivatives" N. Hara, M. Kitahara, T. Sugimura, H. Toda, M. Shizuma, A. Ito, M. Miyasaka, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 23, 8236-8240 (2021).DOI: 10.1039/D1CP00259G
- "Controlling the sign of Excimer-Origin Circularly Polarised Luminescence by Balancing Hydrophilicity/Hydrophobicity in Bipyrenyl Arginine Peptides" Y. Mimura, Y. Motomura, M. Kitamatsu, *Y. Imai, Asian J. Org. Chem., 10, 149-153 (2021).
- "Development of Circularly Polarized Luminescence (CPL) Peptides Containing Pyrenylalanines and 2-Aminoisobutyric Acid" Y. Mimura, Y. Motomura, M. Kitamatsu, *Y. Imai, Processes, 8, 1550 (2020).DOI: 10.3390/pr8121550
- "Excimer-origin CPL vs monomer-origin magnetic CPL in photo-excited chiral binaphthyl-ester-pyrenes: Critical role of ester direction" H. Okada, N. Hara, D. Kaji, M. Shizuma, M. Fujuiki, *Y. Imai, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phy., 22, 13862-13866 (2020).DOI: 10.1039/D0CP02215B
- "Generation of Circularly Polarized Luminescence by Symmetry Breaking" *Y. Imai, Symmetry, 12, 1786 (2020).DOI: 10.3390/sym12111786
- "Mirror-image magnetic circularly polarized luminescence (MCPL) from optically inactive EuIII and TbIII tris(β-diketonate)" H. Yoshikawa, G. Nakajima, Y. Mimura, T. Kimoto, S. Kondo, A. Suzuki, M. Fujuiki, *Y. Imai, Dalton Trans., 49, 9588-9594 (2020).DOI: 10.1039/D0DT01464H
- "Mirror-symmetric magnetic circularly polarized luminescence from CdS/ZnS core-shell quantum dots: Faraday effect in the photoexcited state" Y. Mimura, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, Chem. Phys. Lett., 138353 (2021).
- "Sign Inversion in Magnetic Circularly Polarised Luminescence of Fused Aromatics with 1.6 T N-up/S-up Faraday Geometry" H. Toda, N. Hara, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai RSC Advances, 11, 1581-1585 (2021).DOI: 10.1039/D0RA09233A
- "Sign inversion of magnetic circularly polarized luminescence in Iridium(III) complexes bearing achiral ligands" K. Matsudaira, A. Izumoto, Y. Mimura, Y. Kondo, S. Suzuki, S. Yagi, M. Fujiki, *Y. Imai, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 23, 5074-5078 (2021).DOI: 10.1039/D0CP05775D
- " Magnetic-field-driven circularly polarized luminescence (MCPL) from optically inactive luminophores " Y. Imai, (IL-24, Invited)International CREST-CPL Conference 2022 (ICCC-2022) in Awaji, JAPAN (Awaji, Japan, March. 3-4, 2022)
- "Circularly polarized luminescence due to symmetry breaking" Y. Imai, The 5th International Symposium of Quantum Beam Science (ISQBS) at Ibaraki University-Chirality in Material Science: Current Status and Future Prospects- (Ibaraki, Japan, Nov. 19-20, 2020)