Participating Group (2020-2021)
Dynamic HOF: A New Soft Crystal and its Function
Co-Researcher: Norihisa Hoshino (Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials, Tohoku University, Assistant Professor)
Recently, organic frameworks such as MOF, COF, HOF have attracted attention for gas sorption and separation. Cooperative and anisotropic molecular motion in the condensed phase could develop unique functions and modulate bulk physical properties. In this project, this researcher will develop new hydrogen-bonded organic frameworks (HOF) with dynamic molecules (dynamic HOF) and investigate their unique functions based on our previously reported jumping crystal of HOF induced by the collective molecular motion of a twisted p system.
Specifically, this researcher will prepare new dynamic HOFs consisting of p-extended cyclooctatetraene carboxylic acids and investigate their unique bulk functions based on cooperative molecular motion, such as temperature-dependent dielectric, conductive and chromic change as well as thermosalient effect.
- “Electrostatic versus van der Waals Interactions in an n-Type Semiconducting Dianionic Naphthalenediimide Derivative with CnH2n+1NH3+ (n = 1-16)” A. Kawasaki, T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, W. Matsuda, S. Seki, *T. Akutagawa, J. Phys. Chem. C 125, 21595-21606 (2021). (Supplementary Cover Art)
- “Ferroelectrics Coupled with Unidirectional Rotation in Liquid Crystals” J Wu, *T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, *T. Akutagawa, J. Phys. Chem. C 126, 3864-3871 (2022).
- “Fluorescent Molecular Glass Based on Hexadehydrotribenzoannulene” Y. Kasahara, I. Hisaki, T. Akutagawa, *T. Takeda, Chem. Commun. 57, 5374-5377 (2021). (Front Cover Article)DOI: 10.1039/D1CC01356D
- “Color-Tunable Arylaminoanthraquinone Dyes through Hydrogen-Bond-Assisted Charge Transfer Interaction” *T. Takeda, Y. Kasahara, T. Akutagawa, RSC Adv. 11, 24217-24231 (2021).DOI: 10.1039/D1RA03985G
- “Crystal Structures and Physical Properties of (M+)(Crown Ethers)x(TCNQ)y Salts with M+ = Li+, Na+, K+, Rb+, and Cs+” K. Sambe, N. Hoshino, T. Takeda, *T. Akutagawa, Cryst. Growth Des. 21, 5928-5942 (2021).
- “Dynamics of Proton, Ion, Molecule, and Crystal Lattice in Functional Molecular Assemblies” *T. Akutagawa, T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, Chem. Commun. 57, 8378-8401 (2021). (Back Cover Article)DOI: 10.1039/D1CC01586A
- “Effective Na+-Binding Ability and Molecular Assembly of an Alkylamide-Substituted Penta(ethylene)glycol Derivative” S. Seto, T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, *T. Akutagawa, J. Phys. Chem. B 125, 6349-6358 (2021). (Supplementary Cover Art)
- “Ferroelectricity of Hydrogen-Bonded Azobenzene Derivatives” J. Wu, Q. Zhu, T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, *T. Akutagawa, ACS Appl. Electron. Mater. 3, 3521-3529 (2021). (Supplementary Cover Art)
- “Ion Polarisation-Assisted Hydrogen-Bonded Ferroelectrics in Liquid Crystalline Domains” G. Yuan, Y. Kimura, T. Kobayashi, T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, *T. Akutagawa, Chem. Sci. 12, 13520-13529 (2021).DOI: 10.1039/D1SC03301H
- “Simple Molecular Ferroelectrics: N, N’-Dialkyl-terephthalamide Derivatives in the Solid Phase” M. Kawana, R. Mizoue, T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, *T. Akutagawa, J. Mater. Chem. C Advance Article (2022).DOI: 10.1039/D1TC05001J
- "Conformation Change Significantly Affected the Optical and Electronic Properties of Arylsulfonamide-Substituted Anthraquinone" *T. Takeda, T. Akutagawa, Chem. Commun. 56, 10564-10567 (2020).DOI: 10.1039/D0CC04611F
- "Ferroelectric Columnar Assemblies from the Bowl-to-Bowl Inversion of Aromatic Cores" *S. Furukawa, J. Wu, M. Koyama, K. Hayashi, N. Hoshino, T. Takeda, Y. Suzuki, J. Kawamata, *M. Saito, *T. Akutagawa, Nat. Commun., 12, 768 (2021).
- "Ferroelectric Low-Voltage ON/OFF Switching of Chiral Benzene-1,3,5-Tricaboxamide Derivative" J. Wu, *T. Takeda, N. Hoshino, *T. Akutagawa, J. Mater. Chem. C, 8, 10283-10289 (2020).DOI: 10.1039/D0TC02414G
- “Hydrogen-Bonded Assemblies of Twisted Tetra[3,4]thienylene Tetracarboxylic Acid with Selective Solvent Sorption” T. Takeda, T. Akutagawa, 2021 International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies (Online, Dec. 16-21, 2021)
- “Jumping Crystal of a Hydrogen-Bonded Organic Framework Induced by the Collective Molecular Motion of a Twisted p System” T. Takeda, T. Akutagawa, 2021 International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies (Online, Dec. 16-21, 2021)