Participating Group (2020-2021)
Developments of Soft Crystal Based on Ionic Compounds with Structural and Electronic Flexibilities
Ionic open-shell molecules (radical ions) and ionic metal complexes (Pt and Au complexes) sometimes form assemble structures with several cation species (or anion species), resulting in interesting molecular functionality such as magnetic, electric, electronic, and luminescent properties. In this study, we will develop rational designs of soft crystals based on these unique ionic assemble structures in which physical properties in nano and macro scales can be modulated simultaneously or sequentially by external stimuli. In the course of our challenging research program, we will investigate and develop (1) soft crystal using ionic luminescent metal complexes with planarity and flexibility, (2) soft crystal using radical ion salts with flexibility. The novel functionalities and phenomena by using new assemble structures proposed by this research will be used for new functional molecular systems such as information conversion at pinpoint mechanostress, anisotropic information transfer, and hysteretic information changes.
- "A Molecule Having 13 Unpaired Electrons: Magnetic Property of a Gadolinium(III) Complex Coordinated with Six Nitronyl Nitroxide Radicals" R. Tanimoto, T. Wada, K. Okada, *D. Shiomi, K. Sato, T. Takui, *S. Suzuki, T. Naota, *M. Kozaki, Inorg. Chem, 61, 3018-3023 (2022).
- "Aurophilic Interactions in Multi-radical Species: Electronic-Spin and Redox Properties of Bis- and Tris-[(Nitronyl Nitroxide)-Gold(I)] Complexes with Phosphine-Ligand Scaffolds" S. Kira, T. Miyamae, K. Yoshida, Y. Kanzaki, K. Sugisaki, *D. Shiomi, K. Sato, T. Takui, *S. Suzuki, *M. Kozaki, K. Okada, Chem. Eur. J., 27, 11450-11457 (2021).
- "Heteroatom-Incorporated Trimethylenemethane: Synthesis and Properties of Triphenylphenylnitroxide-(Nitronyl Nitroxide) Dyad" T. Kumagai, *S. Suzuki, Y. Kanzaki, D. *Shiomi, K. Sato, T. Takui, R. Tanaka, K. Okada, *M. Kozaki, Chem. Lett.,2022,51(4),458-460.DOI: 10.1246/cl.220021
- "Rapid Luminescent Enhancement Triggered by One-shot Needlestick-stimulus Using a Liquescent Gold(I) Salt" D. Zhang, *S. Suzuki, *T. Naota, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 60, 19701-19704 (2021).
- "Hysteretic Control of Near-infrared Transparency Using a Liquescent Radical Cation" *S. Suzuki, D. Yamaguchi, Y. Uchida, *T. Naota, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 60, 8284-8288 (2021). (Hot Paper)
- "Magnetic Properties of Metal Clusters Coordinated with (Nitronyl Nitroxide)-Substituted Amidinate Ligands" R. Tanimoto, S. Suzuki, M. Kozaki, Y. Kanzaki, D. Shiomi, K. Sato, T. Takui, R. Tanaka, K. Okada, ChemistrySelect, 5, 11170-11176 (2020).
- "Syntheses and Properties of (Nitronyl nitroxide)-substituted Triphenylamine ortho-Bridged by Two Oxygen and Sulfur Atoms" N. Yokoyama, N. Tanaka, N. Fujimoto, R. Tanaka, *S. Suzuki, *D. Shiomi, K. Sato, T. Takui, M. *Kozaki, K. Okada, Chem. Asian. J., 16, 72-79 (2021).
- "Redox-induced modulation of exchange interactions in multi-radical systems" S. Suzuki, D. Shiomi, M. Kozaki, K. Okada (Invited), The 2021 International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies (Pacifichem 2021): Free radicals in biology, chemical synthesis and functional bio-/nanomaterials (#343) (Online, Dec. 16-21, 2021)