Participating Group (2018-2019)
Development of a soft crystallization method by using a crystalline nano-channel with molecular arrangement ability
Our group has reported that a porous molecular crystal, Metal–Macrocycle Framework (MMF), possessing one-dimensional nano-channels with a 1.4 nm × 1.9 nm dimension is formed by the self-assembly of trinuclear palladium(II) complexes, and has also demonstrated that several guest molecules are site-selectively arranged in the nano-channel equipped with five enantiomeric pairs of molecular binding pockets. In this project, utilizing the MMF channel as a nano-sized crystallization place, we aim to develop a “soft-crystallization method” that can flexibly crystallize multiple molecules within the one-dimensional nano-space of MMF crystals. This method would lead to novel properties such as optical properties, electrical conductivity, and molecular transportation based on the specific crystal structures of various molecules within MMF.
- "Core-shell metal-macrocycle framework (MMF): spatially selective dye inclusion through core-to-shell anisotropic transport along crystalline 1D-channels connected by epitaxial growth" *S. Tashiro, S. Mitsui, D. W. Burke, R. Kubota, N. Matsushita, *M. Shionoya, CrystEngComm, 22, 1306–1309 (2020). (Back Cover)DOI: 10.1039/D0CE00120A
- "Novel porous crystals with macrocycle-based well-defined molecular recognition sites" S. Tashiro, *M. Shionoya, Acc. Chem. Res., 2020, 53, 3, 632–643.
- "Preferential photoreaction in a porous crystal, metal–macrocycle framework: PdII-mediated olefin migration over [2+2] cycloaddition" H. Yonezawa, S. Tashiro, T. Shiraogawa, M. Ehara, R. Shimada, T. Ozawa, M. Shionoya, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2018, 48, 16610-16614.DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b08534
- "Rational synthesis of benzimidazolearenes by CuII-catalyzed post-macrocyclization transofrmation" S. Tashiro, T. Umeki, R. Kubota, M. Shionoya, Chem. Sci., 2018, 39, 7614-7619. (Back Cover)DOI: 10.1039/C8SC03086C
- "Nanostructure and thermoresponsiveness of poly(N-isopropyl methacrylamide)-based hydrogel microspheres prepared via aqueous free radical precipitation polymerization", Y. Nishizawa, H. Minato, T. Inui, I. Saito, T. Kureha, M. Shibayama, *T. Uchihashi, *D. Suzuki, RSC Advances 11, 13130-13137(2021).DOI: 10.1039/D1RA01650D
- "Protein Needles Designed to Self-Assemble through Needle Tip Engineering", K. Kikuchi, T. Fukuyama, T. Uchihashi, T. Furuta, Y. T. Maeda, *T. Ueno, Small., 18(10)2106401.
- "Quantitative Visualization of the Interaction between Complement Component C1 and Immunoglobulin G: The Effect of CH1 Domain Deletion", S. Yanaka, S. Nishiguchi, R. Yogo, H. Watanabe, J. Shen, H. Yagi, *T. Uchihashi, *K. Kato, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 23, 2090(2022).DOI: 10.3390/ijms23042090
- "Reconstruction of Three-Dimensional Conformations of Bacterial ClpB from High-Speed Atomic-Force-Microscopy Images", B. Dasgupta, O. Miyashita, T. Uchihashi, *F. Tama*, Frontiers in in Molecular Biosciences: Biological Modeling and Simulation 8, 704274 (2021).
- "Shape-selective one-step synthesis of branched gold nanoparticles on the crystal surface of redox-active PdII-macrocycles", Y. Yamashita, *S. Tashiro, Y. Ishii, T. Uchihashi, N. Matsushita, R.Kubota, *M. Shionoya, Dalton Transactions, 51, 1318-1324 (2022). (領域内共同研究 A02公募 田代)DOI: 10.1039/D1DT03973C
- "A Thermoresponsive Micellar Assembly Constructed from a Hexameric Hemoprotein Modified with Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) toward an Artificial Light-harvesting System" S. Hirayama, *K. Oohora, *T. Uchihashi, *T. Hayashi, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 142, 182-1831 (2020).DOI: 10.1021/jacs.9b10080
- "Construction of a Hexameric Hemoprotein Sheet and Direct Observation of Dynamic Process of its Formation" *K. Oohora, S. Hirayama, *T. Uchihashi, T. Hayashi*, Chem. Lett., 49, 186-190 (2020).DOI: 10.1246/cl.190855
- "Convergent evolution of processivity in bacterial and fungal cellulases" T. Uchiyama, T. Uchihashi, A. Nakamura, H. Watanabe" S. Kaneko, M.Samejima, *K. Igarashi, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 117, 19896-19903 (2020). (#: equal contribution)
- "Dynamics of oligomer and amyloid fibril formation by yeast prion Sup35 observed by high-speed atomic force microscopy" H. Konno, T. Watanabe-Nakayama, T. Uchihashi, M. Okuda, L. Zhu, N. Kodera, Y. Kikuchi, T. Ando , *H. Taguchi, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 117, 7831-7836 (2020).
- "Nanostructures, Thermoresponsiveness, and Assembly Mechanism of Hydrogel Microspheres during Aqueous Free-Radical Precipitation Polymerization" Y. Nishizawa, H. Minato, T. Inui, *T. Uchihashi, *D. Suzuki, Langmuir, 37, 151-159 (2020).
- "On-Membrane Dynamic Interplay between Anti-GM1 IgG Antibodies and Complement Component C1q" S. Yanaka, R. Yogo, H. Watanab, Y. Taniguchi, T.Satoh, N. Komura, H. Ando, H. Yagi, N. Yuki, *T. Uchihashi, *K. Kato, Int. J. Mol. Sci., 21, 147 (2020).DOI: 10.3390/ijms21010147
- "Rad50 zinc hook functions as a constitutive dimerization module interchangeable with SMC hinge" H. Tatebe, C. T. Lim, H. Konno, K. Shiozaki, A. Shinohara, *T. Uchihashi, *A. Furukohri, Nat. Commun., 11, article number: 370 (2020).
- "Schizorhodopsins: A novel family of rhodopsins from Asgard archaea that function as light-driven inward H+ pumps" *K. Inoue, S. P. Tsunoda, M. Singh, S. Tomida, S. Hososhima, M. Konno, R. Nakamura, H. Watanabe, P.-A. Bulzu, H. L. Banciu, A.-Ş. Andrei, T. Uchihashi, R. Ghai, O.Béjà, H. Kandori, Sci. Adv., 6, eaaz 2441 (2020).
- "Structural Dynamics of a Protein Domain Relevant to the Water-Oxidizing Complex in Photosystem II as Visualized by High-Speed Atomic Force Microscopy" T. Tokano, Y. Kato, S. Sugiyama, *T. Uchihashi, *T. Noguchi, J . Phys. Chem. B, 124, 5847-5857 (2020).
- "Structural insights into the mechanism of rhodopsin phosphodiesterase" T. Ikuta, W. Shihoya, M. Sugiura, K. Yoshida, M. Watari, T. Tokano, K. Yamashita, K. Katayama, S. P. Tsunoda, T. Uchihashi, *H. Kandori, *O Nureki, Nat. Commu., 11, 5605 (2020).
- "Supramolecular tholos-like architecture constituted by archaeal proteins without functional annotation" M. Yagi-Utsumi1, A. Sikudar, C. Song, J. Park, R. Inoue, H. Watanabe, R. N. Burton-Smith, T. Kozai, T. Suzuki, A. Kodama, K. Ishii1, H. Yagi, T. Satoh, S. Uchiyama, T. Uchihashi, K. Joo, J. Lee, M. Sugiyama, K. Murata, K. Kato, Sci. Rep., 10, 1540 (2020).
- "Thermoresponsive structural changes of single poly(N-isopropyl acrylamide) hydrogel microspheres under densely packed conditions on a solid substrate" H. Minato, Y. Nishizawa, *T. Uchihashi, *D. Suzuki, Polym. J., 52, 1137-1141 (2020).
- "Construction of a Quadrangular Tetramer and a Cage-Like Hexamer from Three-Helix Bundle-Linked Fusion Proteins" T. Miyamoto, Y. Hayashi, K. Yoshida, H. Watanabe, T. Uchihashi, K. Yonezawa, N. Shimizu, H. Kamikubo, S. Hirota, ACS Synth. Biol., 2019, 85, 1112-1120.
- "Crystal structure of heliorhodopsin" W. Shihoya, K. Inoue, M. Singh, M. Konno, S. Hososhima, K. Yamashita, K. Ikeda, A. Higuchi, T. Izume, S. Okazaki, M. Hashimoto, R. Mizutori, S. Tomida, Y. Yamauchi, R. Abe-Yoshizumi, K. Katayama, S. P. Tsunoda, M. Shibata, Y. Furutani, A. Pushkarev, O. Béjà, T. Uchihashi, *H. Kandori, *O. Nureki, Nature, 574, 132-136 (2019).
- "Hydrogel Microellipsoids that Form Robust String‐Like Assemblies at the Air/Water Interface" K. Honda, Y. Sazuka, K. Iizuka, S. Matsui, T. Uchihashi, T. Kureha, M. Shibayama, T. Watanabe and D. Suzuki, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2019, 58, 7294-7298.
- "Mutational and combinatorial control of self-assembling and disassembling of human proteasome α-subunits" T. Sekiguchi, T. Satoh, E. Kurimoto, C. Son, T. Kozai, H. Watanabe, K. Ishii, H. Yagi, S. Yanaka, S. Uchiyama, T. Uchihashi, K. Murata, *K. Kato, Int. J. Mol. Sci., 20, 2608 (2019).DOI: 10.3390/ijms20092308
- "Non-Thermoresponsive Decanano-sized Domains in Thermoresponsive Hydrogel Microspheres Revealed by Temperature-Controlled High-Speed Atomic Force Microscopy" Y. Nishizawa, S. Matsui, K. Urayama, T. Kureha, M. Shibayama, T. Uchihashi and D. Suzuki, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2019, 58, 8809-8813.
- "Protein Uptake into Individual Hydrogel Microspheres Visualized by High-Speed Atomic Force Microscopy" S. Matsui, K. Hosho, H. Minato, T. Uchihashi and D. Suzuki, Chemical Communications, 2019, 55, 10064-10067.DOI: 10.1039/C9CC05116C
- "A ring-shaped hemoprotein trimer thermodynamically controlled by the supramolecular heme–heme pocket interaction" K. Oohora, R. Kajihara, N. Fujimaki, T. Uchihashi, T. Hayashi, Chem. Commun., 2019, 55, 1544-1547.DOI: 10.1039/C8CC09314H
- "Direct Observation and Manipulation of Supramolecular Polymerization by High-Speed Atomic Force Microscopy" T. Fukui, T. Uchihashi, N. Sasaki, M. Takeuchi, K. Sugiyasu, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 57, 15465-15470.
- "Microtubule Self-Healing and Defect Creation Investigated by In-Line Force Measurements During High-Speed Atomic Force Microscopy Imaging" C. Ganser and T. Uchihashi, Nanoscale, 2019, 11, 125-135.DOI: 10.1039/C8NR07392A
- "Monitoring Thermo-responsive Morphological Changes in Individual Hydrogel Microspheres" S. Matsui, Y. Nishizawa, T. Uchihashi, D. Suzuki, ACS Omega, 2018, 3, 10836-10842.
- "Supramolecular Hemoprotein Assembly with a Periodic Structure Showing Heme–Heme Exciton Coupling" K. Oohora, N. Fujimaki, R. Kajihata, H. Watanabe, T. Uchihashi, T. Hayashi, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2018, 140, 10145-10148.DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b06690