Participating Group (2020-2021)
Dynamical Measurement of Soft Crystals Characteristics by Diffracted X-ray Blinking
The diffracted X-ray blinking (DXB) monitors the nanoscale dynamics of samples by acquiring high-speed time-resolved images of Laue diffraction pattern with monochromatic X-rays. Here, I apply the DXB measurement to soft crystals and perform the label-free DXB using the diffraction intensity of the crystals themselves. My aim is to characterize the dynamical properties of soft crystals under a macromechanical control at different spatial scales: the rotational motion of crystal grains and the structural fluctuations of the crystal lattice planes. Using laboratory XRD, I will perform screening tests for sample selection and for optimization of sample condition. To exceed the limitation of detection accuracy of motional components, I try to improve the current DXB analytical method by using high-order data analyses such as Bayesian analysis and sparse modeling. In addition, I will measure on ultra-high-resolution diffracted X-ray measurement at synchrotron radiation. I show that our novel measurement can capture the structure-specific dynamic properties in soft crystals.
- "Diffracted X-ray blinking measurements of interleukin 15 receptors in the inner/outer membrane of living NK cells" J. Chang, Y. Baek, I. Lee, H. Sekiguchi, K. Ichiyanagi, K. Mio, S. Nozawa, R. Fukaya, S. Adachi, *M. Kuramochi, *Y. C. Sasaki, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 556, 4, 53-58 (2021).
- "Dynamic Motions of Ice-Binding Proteins in Living Caenorhabditis elegans Using Diffracted X-ray Blinking and Tracking" *M. Kuramochi, Y. Dong, Y. Yang, T. Arai, R. Okada, Y. Shinkai, M. Doi, K. Aoyama, H. Sekiguchi, K. Mio, S. Tsuda, *Y. C. Sasaki, BBRep., 29, 101224 (2022).
- "Laboratory Diffracted X-ray Blinking to Monitor Picometer Motions of Protein Molecules and Application to Crystalline Materials" *T. Arai, R. Inamasu, H. Yamaguchi, D. Sasaki, A. Sato-Tomita, H. Sekiguchi, K. Mio, S. Tsuda, *M. Kuramochi, *Y. C. Sasaki, Structural Dynamics, 8, 044302 (2021)領域内共同研究 A02-03 佐藤)DOI: 10.1063/4.0000112
- "New family members of FG repeat proteins and their unexplored roles during phase separation" *Y. Shinkai, *M. Kuramochi, *T. Miyafusa, Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology, (2021)
- "Tilting and rotational motions of silver halide crystal with diffracted X-ray blinking" *M. Kuramochi, H. Omata, M. Ishihara, S. Ø. Hanslin, M. Mizumaki, N. Kawamura, H. Osawa, M. Suzuki, K. Mio, H. Sekiguchi *Y. C. Sasaki, Sci. Rep., 11, 4097 (2021).