Development of preparation technologies for metastable states of soft crystals and clarification of their phase-transition phenomena
Co-Investigator: Ken Onda (Graduate School of Science, Kyushu University, Professor)
Co-Investigator: Kyohei Takae (Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, Lecturer)
Co-Investigator: Kazuteru Shinozaki (Faculty of Science, Yokohama City University, Professor)
Co-Researcher: Hajime Tanaka (Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Researcher)
Co-Researcher: Shin-ichi Ohkoshi (School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Professor)
Co-Researcher: Satoshi Iwamoto (Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Professor)
Co-Researcher: Kei Murata (Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, Assistant Professor)
Co-Researcher: Shingo Hattori (School of Science, Yokohama City University, Assistant Professor)
Co-Researcher: Kiyoshi Miyata (Graduate School of Science, Kyushu University, Research Associate)
In this study, we aim to establish “the science of soft crystals” from the viewpoint of how nano-structural changes can occur by macroscopic, weak stimuli, and develop new functional materials based on their scientific insights. The important features are as follows: (1) development of preparation methods for metastable states in soft crystals by the use of macroscopic, weak stimuli, such as mechanical rotation (rotary evaporator or magnetic stirrer) or mechanical vibration (shaking apparatus), (2) development of new evaluation methods for the phase transition phenomena in soft crystals using super resolution fluorescence microscopy or infrared spectroscopy, (3) elucidation of the principle for the phase transition phenomena in soft crystals by applying plausible models, and (4) development of new functions based on soft crystals by hybridizing with soft materials. Thus, we will develop novel technologies for the preparation and evaluation of soft crystals, and obtain methodologies for their photofunctionalizations.
- Evaporation Rate-Based Selection of Supramolecular Chirality
Hattori, S.; Vandendriessche, S.; Koeckelberghs, G.; Verbiest, T.; Ishii, K. Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 3066–3069.
- Magneto-chiral dichroism measurements using a pulsed electromagnet
Hattori, S.; Yamamoto, Y.; Miyatake, T.; Ishii, K. Chem. Phys. Lett. 2017, 674, 38–41.
- Photofunctions of Phthalocyanines and Related Compounds
Kitagawa, Y.; Ishii, K. Handbook of Porphyrin Science; ed by Kadish, K.; Smith, R. M.; Guilard, R. World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, Vol. 32, Chapter 168, 173–270 (2014).
- Magneto-chiral dichroism of artificial light-harvesting antenna
Kitagawa, Y.; Miyatake, T.; Ishii, K. Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 5091–5093.
- Magneto-Chiral Dichroism of Organic Compounds
Kitagawa, Y.; Segawa, H.; Ishii K. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 4932–4934.
- "Chiral Induction in Buckminsterfullerene Using a Metal-Organic Framework" S.-W. Lo, T. Kitao, Y. Nada, K. Murata, K. Ishii, *Takashi Uemura, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 60, 17947-17951 (2021).
- "Photochemistry of phthalocyanine based on spin angular momenta: a kinetic study of fluorescent probes for ascorbic acid" T. Yokoi, K. Murata, *K. Ishii, Pure Appl. Chem., 93, 1255-1263 (2021).
- "Distorted Porphyrins with High Stability: Synthesis and Characteristic Electronic Properties of Mono- and Di- Nuclear Tricarbonyl Rhenium Tetraazaporphyrin Complexes" M. Wang, K. Murata, *K. Ishii, Chem. Eur. J., 27, 8994-9002 (2021).
- "Vortex-Induced Harmonic Light Scattering of Porphyrin J-Aggregates" S. Hattori, M. Moris, K. Shinozaki, *K. Ishii, *T. Verbiest, J. Phys. Chem. B, 125, 2690-2695 (2021). (領域内共同研究 A03-01篠崎)
- "Characterisation of Excited States in a Multiple-Resonance-Type Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Molecule Using Time-Resolved Infrared Spectroscopy", Masaki Saigo, Yuushi Shimoda, Takumi Ehara, Tomohiro Ryu, Kiyoshi Miyata, *Ken Onda, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. accepted.
- "Low-threshold exciton-polariton condensation via fast polariton relaxation in an organic microcavities", Tomohiro Ishii, Kiyoshi Miyata, Masashi Mamada, Fatima Bencheikh, Fabrice Mathevet, Ken Onda, Stéphane Kéna-Cohen, *Chihaya Adachi, Adv. Opt. Mater. 2102034 (2021).
- "Enhanced light-matter interaction and polariton relaxation by the control of molecular orientation", Tomohiro Ishii, Fatima Bencheikh, Sébastien Forget, Sébastien Chénais, Benoit Heinrich, David Kreher, Lydia Sosa Vargas, Kiyoshi Miyata, Ken Onda, Takashi Fujihara, Stéphane Kéna-Cohen, Fabrice Mathevet, *Chihaya Adachi, Adv. Opt. Mater. 2101048 (2021).
- "Photoinduced Oxygen Transport in Cobalt Double-Perovskite Crystal EuBaCo2O5.39", *Masaki Hada, Satoshi Ohmura, Tadahiko Ishikawa, Masaki Saigo, Naoya Keio, Wataru Yajima, Tatsuya Suzuki, Daisuke Urushihara, Kou Takubo, Yusuke Masaki, Makoto Kuwahara, Kenji Tsuruta, Yasuhiko Hayashi, Jiro Matsuo, Takayoshi Yokoya, Ken Onda, Fuyuki Shimojo, Muneaki Hase, Sumio Ishihara, Toru Asaka, Nobuyuki Abe, Taka-hisa Arima, Shin-ya Koshihara, *Yoichi Okimoto, Appl. Mater. Today, 24, 10167 (2021). (領域内共同研究 A03公募 羽田)
- "Achieving Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence from Benzophenone by Host-Guest Complexation", Raj Kumar Koninti, *Kiyoshi Miyata, Masaki Saigo, *Ken Onda, J. Phys. Chem. C, 125, 17392-17399 (2021).
- "Determining Excited-State Structures and Photophysical Properties in Phenylphosphine Rhenium(I) Diimine Biscarbonyl Complexes Using Time-Resolved Infrared and X-ray Absorption Spectroscopies", Yuushi Shimoda, Kiyoshi Miyata, Masataka Funaki, Takumi Ehara, Tatsuki Morimoto, *Shunsuke Nozawa, Shin-ichi Adachi, Osamu Ishitani, *Ken Onda, Inorg. Chem. 60, 7773-7784 (2021). (領域内共同研究 A02-03 野澤, 足立)
- "Guest-tunable Excited States in a Cyanide-bridged Luminescent Coordination Polymer",, Kenta Sasaki, Haruka Yoshino, Yuushi Shimoda, Masaki Saigo, Kiyoshi Miyata, Ken Onda, Kunihisa Sugimoto, Hitomi Yamate, Hiroki Miura, Benjamin Le Ouay, Ryo Ohtani, *Masaaki Ohba, Inorg. Chem. 60, 6140-6146 (2021).
- "Challenges for developing photo-induced phase transition (PIPT) systems: from classical (incoherent) to quantum (coherent) control of PIPT dynamics", Shinya Koshihara, Tadahiko Ishikawa, Yoichi Okimoto, Ken Onda, Ryo Fukaya, Masaki Hada, Yasuhiko Hayashi, Sumio Ishihara, Tadeusz Luty, Phys. Rep. 942, 1-61 (2021).
- “Emission Intensity Enhancement for Iridium(III) Complex in Dimethyl Sulfoxide under Photoirradiation” S. Hattori, S. Hirata, *K. Shinozaki, J. Phys. Chem. B, 125, 9260–9267(2021) (Cover, 領域内共同研究 A03-01 服部)
- ”Reversible colour/luminescence colour changes of tetracyanoruthenium(II) complexes by sorption/desorption of water molecules in crystal”, S. Hattori, T. Nagai, A. Sekine, T. Otsuka, *K. Shinozaki, Dalton Trans. 2022, 51, 1474-1480.（領域内共同研究 A01公募 関根、A03-01 服部）DOI: 10.1039/D1DT03666A
- "Emergent elastic fields induced by topological phase transitions: Impact of molecular chirality and steric anisotropy" *K. Takae, *T. Kawasaki, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 119, e2118492119 (2022)
- "Novel method for preparing stable near-infrared absorbers: a new phthalocyanine family based on rhenium(l) complexes" K. Murata, Y. Koike, *K. Ishii, Chem. Commun., 56, 13760-13763 (2020). (Inside Back Cover)DOI: 10.1039/D0CC04625F
- "Direct Observation of the S0→T2 Transition in Phosphorescent Platinum(II) Octaethylporphyrin, Evidenced by Magnetic Circular Dichroism" *K. Ishii, J. Wada, K. Murata, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 11, 9828-9833 (2020). (Supplementary Cover)
- "Selectivity switch in the aerobic oxygenation of sulfides photocatalysed by visible-light-responsive decavanadate" C. Li, N. Mizuno, K. Murata, K. Ishii, T. Suenobu, *K. Yamaguchi, *K. Suzuki, Green Chem., 22, 3896-3905 (2020). (領域内共同研究 A01公募 鈴木康介)DOI: 10.1039/D0GC01500H
- "Amphiphilic zinc chlorin as an effective gelator in methanol-water mixtures" *T. Miyatake, K. Okada, Y. Yamamoto, R. Hirai, R. Inoue, T. Imai, H. Tamiaki, J. Photochem. Phobobiol. A: Chem., 400, 112683 (2020).
- "Picosecond dynamics in layered cobalt perovskites studied by time-resolved Raman spectroscopy" R. Fukaya, N. Yamaya, T. Ishikawa, S. Koshihara, K. Onda, Y. Okimoto*, A. Isayama, T. Sasagawa, K. Horigane, C. R. Phys., 22, 1-8 (2021)DOI: 10.5802/CRPHYS.35
- "Coordination geometrical effect on LMCT-depended energy transfer processes of luminescent Eu(III) complexes" P. P. Fe. da Rosa, S. Miyazaki, H. Sakamoto, Y. Kitagawa, K. Miyata, T. Akama, M. Kobayashi, K. Fushimi, K. Onda, T. Taketsugu, Y. Hasegawa*, J Phys. Chem. A, 125, 209-217 (2021).(Supplementary Cover Art) (領域内共同研究 A03公募 長谷川靖)
- "Study of excited states and electron transfer of semiconductor-metal complex hybrid photocatalysts for CO2 reduction using picosecond time-resolved spectroscopies" S. Sato*, S. Tanaka, K. Yamanaka, S. Saeki, K. Sekizawa, T. Morikawa, K. Onda*, Chem. Eur. J., 27, 1127-1137 (2020).
- "Intramolecular-Rotation Driven Triplet-to-Singlet Upconversion and Fluctuation Induced Fluorescence Activation in Linearly-Connected Donor-Accepter Molecules" Y. Shimoda, K. Miyata*, M. Saigo, Y. Tsuchiya, C. Adachi, K. Onda*, J. Chem. Phys., 153, 204702 (2020).DOI: 10.1063/5.0029608
- "Vapor Switching of Luminescence Mechanism in a Re(V) Complex" K. Sasaki, H. Yamate, H. Yoshino, H. Miura, K. Miyata, K. Onda, R. Ohtani, M. Ohba*, Chem. Comm., 56, 12961-12964 (2020).DOI: 10.1039/D0CC05462C
- "Dual Energy Transfer Pathways from an Antenna Ligand to Lanthanide Ion in Trivalent Europium Complexes with Phosphine-Oxide Bridges" S. Miyazaki, K. Miyata, H. Sakamoto, F. Suzue, Y. Kitagawa, Y. Hasegawa, K. Onda*, J. Phys. Chem. A, 124, 6601-6606 (2020). (Supplementary Cover Art) (領域内共同研究 A03公募 長谷川靖)
- "Dual emission from an iridium(III) complex/counter anion ion pair" W. Ito, S. Hattori, M. Kondo, H. Sakagami, O. Kobayashi, T. Ishimoto, *K. Shinozaki, Dalton Trans., 50, 1887-1894 (2021).DOI: 10.1039/D1DT00021G
- "H/D solvent isotope effects on the photoracemization reaction of enantiomeric the tris(2,2’-bipyridine)ruthenium(II) complex and its analogues" M. Asahara, H. Kurimoto, M. Nakamizu, S. Hattori, *K. Shinozaki, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 22, 6361-6369 (2020).DOI: 10.1039/C9CP06758B
- "Splitting and reorientation of π-conjugation by an unprecedented photo-rearrangement reaction" Y. Inaba, T. Yoneda, Y. Kitagawa, K. Miyata, Y. Hasegawa, Y. Inokuma, Chem. Comm. 56, 348-351 (2019).DOI: 10.1039/C9CC09062B
- "Selective Reduction Mechanism of Graphene Oxide Driven by the Photon Mode versus the Thermal Mode" *M. Hada, K. Miyata, S. Ohmura, Y. Arashida, K. Ichiyanagi, I. Katayama, T. Suzuki, W. Chen, S. Mizote, T. Sawa, T. Yokoya, T. Seki, J. Matsuo, T. Tokunaga, C. Itoh, K. Tsuruta, R. Fukaya, S. Nozawa, S. Adachi, J. Takeda, *K. Onda, S. Koshihara, Y. Hayashi, *Y. Nishina, ACS Nano, 13, 10103-10112 (2019). (領域内共同研究 A03公募 羽田、A02-03佐藤文、一柳)アヤ
- "Role of hydrodynamics in liquid-liquid transition of a single-component substance" *K. Takae and *H. Tanaka, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA., 117, 4471-4479 (2020).
- "Recent Advances in Studies on the Magneto-Chiral Dichroism of Organic Compounds" *K. Ishii, S. Hattori, Y. Kitagawa, Photochem. Phobiol. Sci., 19, 8-19 (2020).DOI: 10.1039/C9PP00400A
- "Chiral Supramolecular Nanoarchitectures from Macroscopic Mechanical Rotations: Effects on Enantioselective Aggregation Behavior of Phthalocyanines" M. Kuroha, S. Nambu, S. Hattori, Y. Kitagawa, K. Niimura, Y. Mizuno, F. Hamba, *K. Ishii, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 58, 18454-18459 (2019). (プレスリリース)
- "Optical Study of Electronic Structure and Photoinduced Dynamics in the Organic Alloy System [(EDO-TTF)0.89(MeEDO-TTF)0.11]2PF6" *T. Ishikawa, Y. Urasawa, T. Shindo, Y. Okimoto, S. Koshihara, S. Tanaka, K. Onda, T. Hiramatsu, Y. Nakano, K. Tanaka, H. Yamochi, Appl. Sci., 9, 1174 (2019).DOI: 10.3390/app9061174
- "Comparison of picosecond electron dynamics in isolated and clustered Si quantum dots deposited on a semiconductor surface" *K. Fukumoto, A. Seyhan, K. Onda, S. Oda, S. Koshihara, Appl. Phys. Lett., 115, 053105 (2019).(領域内共同研究 A02-03 福本、佐藤文 )フミDOI: 10.1063/1.5097611
- "Kinetics and Mechanism of Intramolecular Electron Transfer in Ru(II)-Re(I) Supramolecular CO2-Reduction Photocatalysts: Effects of Bridging Ligands" Y. Yamazaki, K. Ohkubo, D. Saito, T. Yatsu, Y. Tamaki, S. Tanaka, *K. Koike, *K. Onda, *O. Ishitani Inorg. Chem., 58, 11480 (2019).
- "Molecular ground-state dissociation in the condensed phase employing plasmonic field enhancement of chirped mid-infrared pulses" I. Morichika, K. Murata, A. Sakurai, K. Ishii, *S. Ashihara, Nature Commun., 10, 3893 (2019).(プレスリリース)
- "Photofunctionalization of Phthalocyanines" *K. Ishii, Chem. Lett., 48, 1452-1461 (2019).DOI: 10.1246/cl.190637
- "Reversible Aggregation of Chlorophyll Derivative Induced by Phase Transition of Lipid", N. Nishimura, S. Nakayama, A. Horiuchi, M. Kumoda, *T. Miyatake, Langmuir, 35, 7242-7248 (2019). (Supplementary Cover Art)
- "Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 by a Gas-Diffusion Electrode Composed of fac-Re(diimine)(CO)3Cl and Carbon Nanotubes" K. Murata, H. Tanaka, *K. Ishii J. Phys. Chem. C, 123, 12073-12080 (2019).(Supplementary Cover Art)
- "Molecular Power Spring: Circular Dichroism Inversion of Polythiophene Aggregates from the Right-Handed Helix to Left-Handed Helix" S. Hattori, S. Vandendriessche, T. Hirano, F. Sato, G. Koeckelberghs, T. Verbiest, *K. Ishii, J. Phys. Chem. B, 123, 2925-2929 (2019).(Supplementary Cover Art)
- "Suppression of Structural Change upon S1−T1 Conversion Assists the Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Process in CarbazoleBenzonitrile Derivatives", M. Saigo, *K. Miyata, S. Tanaka, H. Nakanotani, C. Adachi, *K. Onda, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 10, 2475-2480 (2019).
- "Pulsed laser induced heat transfer from a phthalocyanine-based thin film to a Bi, Al-substituted DyIG substrate: photothermal demagnetization observed by magnetic circular dichroism and numerical analysis" M. Karasawa, *K. Ishii, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 20, 12241-12247 (2018)DOI: 10.1039/C8CP01789A
- "Transient absorption studies on photothermal energy transfer and heat dissipation: Phthalocyanine-based thin films on Bi, Al-substituted DyIG substrates" M. Karasawa, *K. Ishii, Chem. Phys. Lett., 704, 1-4 (2018).
- "Selenium-containing BODIPY dyes as photosensitizers for triplet–triplet annihilation upconversion" M. Nakashima, K. Iizuka, M. Karasawa, K. Ishii, *Y. Kubo, J. Mat. Chem. C, 6, 6208-6215 (2018).DOI: 10.1039/C8TC00944A
- "Dependence of phthalocyanine-based fluorescence on albumin structure: A fluorescent probe for ascorbic acid" T. Yokoi, *K. Ishii, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 364, 1-5 (2018).
- "Encapsulation of Zinc Phthalocyanine into Bovine Serum Albumin Aggregates" T. Yokoi, S. Hattori, *K. Ishii, J. Coord. Chem., 72, 707-715 (2019).
- "Investigation of excited state, reductive quenching, and intramolecular electron transfer of Ru(II)-Re(I) supramolecular photocatalysts for CO2 reduction using time-resolved IR measurements" *K. Koike, D. C. Grill, Y. Tamaki, E. Fujita, K. Okubo, Y. Yamazaki, M. Saigo, T. Mukuta, K. Onda, *O. Ishitani, Chem. Sci., 9, 2961-2974 (2018).DOI: 10.1039/C7SC05338J
- "Novel Techniques for Observing Structural Dynamics of Photoresponsive Liquid Crystals" *M. Hada, S. Saito, R. Sato, K. Miyata, Y. Hayashi, Y. Shigeta, *K. Onda, J. Vis. Exp., 135, e57612 (2018). (領域内共同研究 A03公募 羽田)DOI: 10.3791/57612
- "Hydrodynamic simulations of charge-regulation effects in colloidal suspensions" *K. Takae, *H. Tanaka, Soft Matter, 14, 4711-4720 (2018).DOI: 10.1039/C8SM00579F
- "Self-organization into ferroelectric and antiferroelectric crystals via the interplay between particle shape and dipolar interaction" *K. Takae, *H. Tanaka, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 115, 9917-9922 (2018). (プレスリリース)
- "Temperature-dependent self-assemblies of zinc 31-hydroxy-chlorins in polydimethylsiloxane oil" *T. Miyatake, Y. Yamamoto, H. Tamiaki, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 353, 654–660 (2018).
- "Photoelectrochemical Oxygen Reduction Reactions using Phthalocyanine-Based Thin Films on an ITO Electrode" N. T. Hong Trang, *K. Ishii, J. Phys. Chem. C, 122, 3539−3547 (2018).
- "In vivo fluorescence bioimaging of ascorbic acid in mice: Development of an efficient probe consisting of phthalocyanine, TEMPO, and albumin" T. Yokoi, T. Otani, *K. Ishii, Sci. Rep., 8, 1560 (2018).(プレスリリース)
- "Structural Monitoring of the Onset of Excited-State Aromaticity" *M. Hada, *S. Saito, S. Tanaka, R. Sato, M. Yoshimura, K. Mouri, K. Matsuo, S. Yamaguchi, M. Hara, Y. Hayashi, F. Rohricht, R. Herges, *Y. Shigeta, *K. Onda and R. J. D. Miller, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139, 15792−15800 (2017).DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b08021
- "Near Infra-Red S0↔T1 Transitions of Iridium(III) Phthalocyanine: Degeneracy of the T1 State Evidenced by Magnetic Circular Dichroism" K. Murata, *K. Ishii, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 44, 5103−5107 (2017).
- "Luminescene color tuning of platinum(II) complex crystals induced by heating an\d mechanical grinding" K. Shinozaki (Invited), The 70th Conference of Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry (On Line, Japan, Sep. 28-30, 2020)
- "Chiroptical Properties of Chiral Porphyrin Aggregates" K. Ishii (Invited), International CREST-CPL Conference (ICCC) 2022 (Awaji, Japan, Mar. 3-4, 2022)
- "Chromic Behavior of Chlorophyll Derivatives Possessing N-Alkylamide Groups", Takuma Yoshiyama, Ryo Inoue, Tomohiro Miyatake, 16th International Workshop on Supramolecular Nanoscience of Chemically Programmed Pigments, P30 (Online meeting, 2021 June)
- "Electrochemical and Spectral Properties of Highly Distorted Rhenium Phthalocyanine Complexes" M. Wang, Y. Koike, K. Murata, D. Saito, M. Kato, K. Ishii, 239th ECS Meeting (Online, May 30 - Jun. 3, 2021)
- "Fundamental mechanisms of artificial photosynthesis studied by time-resolved infrared spectroscopy", Ken Onda, 11th Asian Photochemistry Conference, (Online, Nov. 4, 2021).
- "Meso/Microscopic Single Particle Analyses of Vapochromic Solid-State Crystallization in [Pt(CN)2(H2dcbpy)]" K. Ishii (Invited), The 3rd International Symposium on Soft Crystals (Hawaii, USA, Dec. 11-15, 2021)
- "Phase transition dynamics of phthalocyanine-based chiral thin films prepared using macroscopic mechanical rotations" K. Ishii, Y. Mizuno, M. Kuroha, S. Hattori, K. Murata, Pacifichem 2021, #254 Photofunctions of Soft Crystals Constructed with Coordination Compounds (Online, Dec. 19-20, 2021)
- "Photochemical Reactivities and Photodynamic Effects of an Organorhodium Phthalocyanine" K. Murata (Invited), Y. Saibe, R. Misawa, Y. Ikeuchi, K. Ishii, 239th ECS Meeting (Online, May 30 - Jun. 3, 2021)
- "Rotary Evaporation-Based Preparation of Metastable States" K. Ishii (Invited), 239th ECS Meeting (Online, May 30 - Jun. 3, 2021)
- "Solid-State Self-Aggregation of Chlorophyll Derivatives" Yuki Nagaoka, Daiki Tsutsui, Tomohiro Miyatake 16th International Workshop on Supramolecular Nanoscience of Chemically Programmed Pigments, P39 (Online meeting, 2021 June)
- "Time-resolved Spectroscopic Studies on Elementary Processes in Photofunctional Metal Complexes", Ken Onda, The 4th International Symposium on Photofunctional Chemistry of Complex Systems (ISPCCS 2021), (Online, Dec. 15, 2021).
- "Tracking the multi-step and multi-electron CO2 reduction photocatalytic processes using time-resolved infrared spectroscopy", Ken Onda, Yuushi Shimoda, Kei Kamogawa, Kiyoshi Miyata, Osamu Ishitani, The 2021 International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies, (Online, Dec. 18, 2021).
- “Dual Emission from an Iridium(III) Complex/Counter Anion Ion Pair”W. Ito, S. Hattori, M. Kondo, H. Sakagami, O. Kobayashi, T. Ishimoto, K. Shinozaki (Pachifichem2021, HI, USA, Dec. 20, 2017)
- "Detailed Analysis of Emitting Processes of Emitters for OLED using Time-resolved Vibrational Spectroscopy", Ken Onda (Invited), The 27th International Display Workshops (IDW '20), Dec. 11, 2020, Online
- "Structural Dynamics in Photofunctional Materials Studied by Time-resolved Infrared Spectroscopy" Ken Onda (Invited), RIKEN CEMS Topical Meeting, Oct. 29, 2020, Online,
- "Tetrathienonaphthalene-type Semiconductors: Machine Learning and Theoretical Simulation-inspired Molecular Design, Flow Photochemical Synthesis, and Device Fabrication"，H. Ikeda (Invited), The 14th International Symposium on Organic Reactions, the 44th Symposium on Organic Electron Transfer Chemistry (EOC), and the 8th German Japanese (Global Joint) Symposium on Electrosynthesis (Yokohama, Japan, April, 24-26, 2020).
- “Chiral Supramolecular Nano-Architectures from Macroscopic Mechanical Rotations” K. Ishii, M. Kuroha, S. Nambu, S. Hattori, Y. Kitagawa, K. Niimura, and F. Hamba, (Poster) , Cooperative phenomena in framework materials: Faraday Discussion, online, United Kingdom, Oct. 13-16 (2020).
- “Photochemistry of Porphyrins based on Spin or Orbital Angular Momenta ” K. Ishii, (Keynote), 5th International Conference on Bioinspired and Biobased Chemistry & Materials (N.I.C.E. 2020) 2nd International Conference on Optics and Photonics, Nice (+ online), France, Oct. 12-14 (2020).
- ”Chiral aggregates of porphyrinic compounds ” K. Ishii (Keynote), Molecular Chirality Asia 2020, Online, Tokyo, Oct. 31- Nov. 2 (2020).
- "A Numerical Investigation on the Directional Emission from a Quantum Dot Ensemble Embedded in an Asymmetric Optical Waveguide" W. Lin, Y. Ota, Y. Arakawa, International Symposium on Hybrid Quantum Ststems 2017 (Zao, Japan, Sep. 10-13, 2017)
- "Aggregation and phase transition of colloids induced by optical tweezers and thermophoresis" N. Bruot, 10th Liquid Matter Conference (Ljubljana, Slovenia, Jul. 17-18, 2017)
- "Aging kinetics and characteristic time scale of glass" M. Kobayashi, H. Tanaka, 8th International Discussion Meeting on Relaxations in Complex Systems (Wisla, Poland, Jul. 23-28, 2017)
- "Antiferroelectricity in a simple molecular model controlled by frustration between steric and dipolar interactions," K. Takae, H. Tanaka, Fundamental Physics of Ferroelectrics and related materials 2018 (Washington DC, USA, Jan. 28-31, 2018)
- "Antiferroelectricity in a simple molecular model controlled by frustration between steric and dipolar interactions" K. Takae, H. Tanaka, Fundamental Physics of Ferroelectrics and related materials 2018 (Washington DC, USA, Jan. 28-31, 2018)
- "Chiral magnetic materials based on trivalent metal complexes and octacyanidotungstate(V), 3rd International Conference on Functional Molecular Materials" O. Stefanczyk, K. Imoto, K. Nakabayashi, S. Ohkoshi, FUNMAT2017 (Kraków, Poland, Nov. 8-10, 2017)
- "Circularly Polarized Spontaneous Emission from Quantum Dots in Three-Dimensional Semiconductor Chiral Photonic Crystals" S. Takahashi, T. Tajiri, Y. Ota, J. Tatebayashi, S. Iwamoto, Y. Arakawa, International Symposium on Hybrid Quantum Systems 2017 (Zao, Japan, Sep. 10-13, 2017)
- "Common mechanism for the devitrification and ageing of hard sphere glasse" T. Yanagishima, J. Russo, H. Tanaka, 10th Liquid Matter Conference (Ljubljana, Slovenia, Jul. 17-18, 2017)
- "Common microscopic structural origin for water’s thermodynamic and dynamic anomalies" R. Shi, J. Russo, H. Tanaka, 10th Liquid Matter Conference (Ljubljana, Slovenia, Jul. 17-18, 2017)
- "Design of Slab-Type Valley Photonic Crystals with Triangular Air Holes" S. Iwamoto, Y. Arakawa, The 24th General Congress of International Commission for Optics (Sendai, Japan, Aug. 21-25, 2017)
- "Emergence of antiferroelectric phase in spheroidal dipolar particles" K. Takae, H. Tanaka (Invited), The 36th JSST Annual Conference (Tokyo, Japan, Oct.25-27, 2017)
- "Emergence of Antiferroelectric Phase in Spheroidal Dipolar Particles" K. Takae, H. Tanaka (Invited), The 36th JSST Annual International Conference on Simulation Technology (Tokyo, Japan, Oct.25-27, 2017)
- "Excited State Dynamics of Transition Metal Complexes Studied by Time-resolved Infrared Vibrational Spectroscopy" K. Onda (Invited), 4th Japan-Canada Joint Symposium on Coordination Chemistry, Nov. 30, 2017, Miyazaki, Japan (Miyazaki, Japan, Nov. 27-30, 2017)
- "Fluorescence bioimaging of ascorbic acid intravenously injected into mice: Silicon phthalocyanine covalently linked to TEMPO radicals" K. Ishii, T. Yokoi, 22nd International Symposium on Photochemistry and Photophysics of Coordination Compounds (ISPPCC 2017) (Oxford, UK, Jul. 10-14, 2017)
- "Imaging of Topologically Protected Elastic Mode in Silica 1D Phononic Crystal via Photoelastic Effect" I. Kim, S. Iwamoto, Y. Arakawa, 22nd Microoptics Conference (Fukuoka, Japan, Nov. 19-22, 2017)
- "Intimate link between crystallization and glass transition" H. Tanaka, J. Russo, F. Romano, 10th Liquid Matter Conference (Ljubljana, Slovenia, Jul. 17-18, 2017)
- "Key physical factor controlling the glass-forming ability of systems with competing orderings" H. Tanaka, J. Russo, F. Romano (Invited), 8th International Discussion Meeting on Relaxations in Complex Systems (Wisla, Poland, Jul. 23-28, 2017)
- "Magneto-chiral dichroism under pulsed magnetic fields" S. Hattori, Y. Yamamoto, T. Miyatake, K. Ishii, the 29th International Symposium on Chirality (Tokyo, Japan, Jul. 9-12, 2017)
- "Nanocavity laser and photonic waveguides integrated in three-dimensional photonic crystals" T. Tajiri, S. Takahashi, Y. Ota, K. Watanabe, S. Iwamoto, Y. Arakawa, International Symposium on Hybrid Quantum Systems 2017 (Incheon, Japan, Sep. 10-13, 2017)
- "Noncentrosymmetric cyanido-bridged Ln–Mo bimetal assemblies showing second harmonic generation, 3rd International Conference on Functional Molecular Materials" M. Komine, S. Chorazy, K. Imoto, K. Nakabayashi, S. Ohkoshi, FUNMAT2017 (Kraków, Poland, Nov. 8-10, 2017)
- "Novel Rhenium Phthalocyanine Complexes CO Release by Red Light-Irradiation" K. Murata, Y. Koike, K. Ishii, 22nd International Symposium on Photochemistry and Photophysics of Coordination Compounds (ISPPCC 2017) (Oxford, UK, Jul. 10-14, 2017)
- "Observation of topological interface state of elastic wave in a silica 1D phononic crystal" I. Kim, S. Iwamoto, Y. Arakawa, The 8th International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics (Incheon, Korea, Jul. 25-28, 2017)
- "Revealing the structural origin of dynamic heterogeneity in glass-forming liquids" H. Tong, H. Tanaka, 10th Liquid Matter Conference (Ljubljana, Slovenia, Jul. 17-18, 2017)
- "Revealing the structural origin of dynamic heterogeneity in glass-forming liquids" H. Tong, H. Tanaka, 8th International Discussion Meeting on Relaxations in Complex Systems (Wisla, Poland, Jul. 23-28, 2017)
- "Structural Dynamics and Photofunctions Studied by Time-Resolved Infrared Vibrational Spectroscopy" K. Onda (Invited), The 10th Asian Conference on Ultrafast Phenomena (ACUP 2018) (Hong Kong, China, Jan. 7-10, 2017)
- "The microscopic structural origin of water's anomalies" H. Tanaka, R. Shi, J. Russo (Invited), APS March Meeting 2018 (Los Angeles, USA, Mar. 5-9, 2018)
- "The reversibility and first-order nature of liquid-liquid transition in a molecular liquid" M. Kobayashi, H. Tanaka, 10th Liquid Matter Conference (Ljubljana, Slovenia, Jul. 17-18, 2017)
- "Topological edge modes of light in all dielectric chiral woodpile structures stacked with pi/4 in-plane rotation" S. Oono, S. Takahashi, S. Iwamoto, Y. Hatsugai, Y. Arakawa, 18th International Conference on Physics of Light-Matter Coupling in Nanostructures (Tokyo, Germany, Jul. 9-14, 2017)
- "Topological Edge States by Resolving Weyl Points in Semiconductor Chiral Woodpile Photonic Crystals" S. Takahashi, S. Oono, S. Iwamoto, Y. Arakawa, The 24th General Congress of International Commission for Optics (Sendai, Japan, Aug. 21-25, 2017)
- "Topologically protected elastic waves in one-dimensional periodic structure " I. Kim, S. Iwamoto, Y. Arakawa, International Symposium on Hybrid Quantum Systems 2017 (Tokyo, Japan, Sep. 10-13, 2017)